Are you considering a career change? Are you looking for a new career that is both challenging and rewarding? If so, you may want to consider becoming an electrocardiogram technician.
At Georgia Allied Health Institute, we offer a comprehensive Electrocardiogram Technician course that will prepare you for a career in this exciting field. Our easy registration process makes it simple to get started, and our student services team is always available to help with any questions you may have.
- An introduction to health care professions with emphasis on clinical testing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the health care delivery system and medical terminology.
- Demonstrate proper lead placement and safety.
- Demonstrate identity of EKG waves and direction of deflection.
- Demonstrate understanding of the anatomy and physiology of body systems. Associate the major areas/departments of the clinical laboratory with the laboratory tests ordered to evaluate a patient’s pathologic condition/illness.
- Determine T and p wave symmetry.
- Measure the heart rate from the EKG tracing.
- Differentiate artifacts form normal EKG tracing waves.
- Describe how to maintain the EKG machine.
- Describe the proper response for life threatening arrhythmias
So why wait? Start your new career today by enrolling in our Electrocardiogram Technician course. You won’t regret it! Call 770-30-7686 or visit www.alliedhealthinst.com to learn more.