Are you ready for a career change? Consider becoming a certified Dialysis Technician! Our program at Georgia Allied Health Institute will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in this growing field. We offer flexible schedules and easy registration, so contact us today to get started!
The Dialysis Technician program at Georgia Allied Health Institute is a comprehensive program designed to prepare students for a career as a certified clinical hemodialysis technician. Our experienced and qualified staff will provide you with the skills and training needed to become certified, including phlebotomy, venipuncture, patient care, and more. Registration is easy and we offer career development opportunities to help you succeed in your new career. Contact us today to learn more!
- Prime dialysis equipment, then get dialyzer (artificial kidney) and delivery system ready, monitor all equipment while in use and clean equipment following the treatment.
- Record the patient’s weight and vital signs before and after treatment.
- Observe the patient during the dialysis procedure, monitoring and recording vital signs during treatment.
- Administer local anesthetics and drugs under supervision of Registered Nurse.
- Assess patients for any complications that occur during the procedure. They must be ready to take any necessary emergency measures – including administering oxygen or performing basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or blood transfusions.
Call 770-370-7686 or visit alliedhealthinst.com to learn more.